Monday, April 4, 2011

Whimsical Garden Cake

Make a delicious and beautiful Whimsical Garden Cake to celebrate Spring!! (or the lack of it here in NJ LOL)

I made this cake for my mother in law this past weekend...she loves gardening, flowers and we celebrated her bday!♥



Your need:


♥ A birthday cake (I made a vanilla shortcake with strawberry filling and vanilla buttercream)
♥ Decorated sugar cookies (1 dozen mini cookies aprox.)
♥ Fondant
♥ Edible Markers
♥ Disco Dust {Lots!}






What to do:


♥ Ice your mini sugar cookies with flowers, mushrooms, clouds, butterflies...etc.
♥ Add Disco Dust to as many mini cookies as you want! (as you can see I almost did it in all of them!)
♥ Ice your cake with your homemade buttercream recipe. Let set for at least 30 minutes inside the fridge.
♥ Decorate your cake placing the decorated cookies (when they are compatibly dried) around the cake as you go!
♥ Add personalization with a little fondant, using edible markers. I made some mini flowers and a mini banner, as you can see I wrote my mother in law's name on it :) and done!
♥ You can place the cake back into the fridge until you're ready to share it!




on both sides




On the back...




And the final look!



Enjoy!!
xoxo

1 comments:

Michelle said...

love this. So beautiful. Beyond glad I discovered your blog. I'm absolutely in love with this. I'd really be glad if you visit mine too. Check it out for updates every day about the latest fashion news, trends and street style. Would love your support. Kisses from Brazil xoxo

PS: If you follow me, I'll follow you back.
http://www.dailycatwalk.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com